Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I Did What??

I'm 100% positive, that I've told you this before. I don't cook. Actually, I don't know how to cook. Plain. Simple. True.

Robbie cooks. He's a great cook! One of the reasons, why I fell in love with him! ;) How could I not love a man, that would regularly cook me dinner? So yes, my hubby does most of our cooking. Even though he works, full time. And I stay home....

In the end, I'm positive that my hubby is happy with this. Why? Because I'm horrible at cooking! I started a fire once. In a cooking class, that I was in. In college! After that, my professor stood right next to me. In fear that I'd burn down the building. :(

What was I thinking when I invited over some friends? And not for just any 'ol dinner. Thanksgiving dinner! What the heck was going on in my head??

I've stressed about 20 times since. I've looked up local restaurants. Some are serving amazing meals!! Why don't we just go out for dinner?? No work. No chance of food poisoning. All will be happy. But oh yeah. I invited my peeps over.

I don't cook. So this could be a major problem. Then I came across this blog post. YES!! Thank you Mallory. :) Robbie brought us a fresh turkey. Yes, my hubby went turkey hunting. So he's in charge of the bird. 'Cause I might be married to this hunting cowboy. But heck if I know how to pluck this bird. Or cook it!


This is our first official Thanksgiving. You know, we're not traveling to our familes' homes. We're staying here. By ourselves. And hosting our friends! Pray for all of us. I'm hoping this turns out ok. And yes, I did order 10 pies. 8 from the local university. And 2 from Village Inn. Dang, I want to dig into them right now. Instead, I need to go call Lola. I need some sort of timeline to follow tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment